Calangute Beach, North Goa
Calangute beach is nestled between famous beaches of Baga and Candolim in north Goa. It is the biggest and most developed beach in Goa. Both domestic and international travellers visit Calangute beach during peak season (November to March). It is 15 kilometers from town of Panjim and well connected. There are several international standard resorts, vacation homes, beachfront villas and hotels to suit every taste and budgets.
Like Baga, this beach has all facilities including water sports, life guards and beach shacks offering food and drinks. It offers limited nightlife and nothing in comparison to parties held in Baga or Anjuna beach however a host of famous restaurants namely Redonda, Fiori, Infentaria, Sauza Lobo,
Top things to do or see in Calangute
- St. Alex Church: Amongst many beautiful churches of Goa, this church of St. Alex stands apart because of its pristine white color and beautiful architecture. The church was initially build in sixteenth century thus takes credit of being one of the oldest church in Goa. The current church was rebuilt in 1741 with white facade, two domed towers and rococo pulpit. The sanctuary was built in 1916. The church is open to public from 6 am to 6:30 pm and entry is free.
- Casino Palm: Casino Palm is located in La Calypso on Baga road. Those who wants to try their luck without visiting big casinos operating out of junks in Mandovi river, they can always visit Casino Palm. All standard games such as roulette, baccarat, blackjack and slot machines.
- Calangute Beach: Safe beach with lots of beach shacks offering sundeck, food and beer.
- Tibetan Market: It is just down the road from beach after roundabout on the left. Here one can find traditional jewellery, Tibetan handicrafts and food. A typical beach shopping experience. Bargaining expected and encouraged as sellers will give a high initial price.
- Holiday Street: It has lots of cafes, restaurants and small shops selling souvenirs, beach clothes, sunscreens and other tourist needs.